Suggestion Censoring the Censorship Comaplaint?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
TheRedHead

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was reading that thread and it disappeared while I was reading. Seems that we have a lot of disappearing threads around here...

Al Mialkovsky:
So the mods aren't perfect but......
Well, some of them aren't. :D

Rick Inman:
Well, some of them aren't. :D
OK, OK...what did I do this time?

not to be harassed by people with agendas.

pilot fish:
Free expression and an open exchange of reasonable thoughts and opinions is something the Scuba Board is not comfortable with. A board not moderated is one thing, but over moderation is quite another.
Moderation of your "free expression" is spelled out in, and moderated by, the Terms of Service. You agreed to follow those rules when you became a member of this community.

You are free to express yourself within the boundaries of behavior spelled out there.

You are free to complain (obviously) that you don't like those rules.

You are free to leave if you feel that observing those rules is unreasonable.

You are NOT free to argue, harass, name-call, or otherwise break the Terms of Service ... and when you do, your posts will disappear.

If you feel you cannot, in good conscience, abide by the Terms of Service ... and moderate your own behavior so we don't have to spend our time doing it for you ... then perhaps you should consider that ScubaBoard isn't the right forum for you. There are lots out there that will let you post anything you want to, free of charge, and with no moderation whatsoever.

No community is perfect ... nor is any staff member here. But we do feel that the vast majority of our members appreciate the level of civility we work to maintain in this community. On the whole, we feel that the level of moderation is appropriate for the type of community we wish to promote ... and frankly, our success at attracting and maintaining active members bears this out.

Not coincidentally, the people who complain the loudest about the limits to their "freedom of expression" are the same ones who most often ignore the agreement they made when they joined the board, and feel that the rules somehow don't apply to them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Not coincidentally, the people who complain the loudest about the limits to their "freedom of expression" are the same ones who most often ignore the agreement they made when they joined the board, and feel that the rules somehow don't apply to them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Ummm, I'm exempt right? :wink:

NWGratefulDiver:
Moderation of your "free expression" is spelled out in, and moderated by, the Terms of Service. You agreed to follow those rules when you became a member of this community.

You are free to express yourself within the boundaries of behavior spelled out there.

You are free to complain (obviously) that you don't like those rules.

You are free to leave if you feel that observing those rules is unreasonable.

You are NOT free to argue, harass, name-call, or otherwise break the Terms of Service ... and when you do, your posts will disappear.

If you feel you cannot, in good conscience, abide by the Terms of Service ... and moderate your own behavior so we don't have to spend our time doing it for you ... then perhaps you should consider that ScubaBoard isn't the right forum for you. There are lots out there that will let you post anything you want to, free of charge, and with no moderation whatsoever.

No community is perfect ... nor is any staff member here. But we do feel that the vast majority of our members appreciate the level of civility we work to maintain in this community. On the whole, we feel that the level of moderation is appropriate for the type of community we wish to promote ... and frankly, our success at attracting and maintaining active members bears this out.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I might feel a bit differently about your rules if it was more even-handed.

pilot fish:
I might feel a bit differently about your rules if it was more even-handed.

Well, speaking as one who has been told more than once "don't go there" and had posts edited, deleted, etc. (And I think I was sent into a corner at least once) I recognize this is a PRIVATE board and hence we must play by the rules of the owners.
When I am "in their house" I must play by their rules. No worries. Guess what, come to my house and you have to play by my rules and if you don't like it you can leave :D

Oh, one final comment ... have a Happy CHRISTMAS

I'd like to remind EVERYONE that the ScubaBoard.com website is a PRIVATELY OWNED site and we are all permitted to participate on this board by the INVITATION of the owner.

Being a privately held site gives the owner sole intellectual rights to determine what he finds acceptable and unacceptable to be posted to the board. With that goes the right to "uninvite" any member or members.

It's about private ownership.

Keep in mind, folks, this is a private site, and even though the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America does not apply here in its full force, the owner dilligently tries to provide a forum where topics about scuba diving can be discussed in an intelligent, mature and civil manner.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom