Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot OTTER! We love the area so much that we go 2-3 times every year. Even though we go back the end of next month watching the video clip you shot made us even more impatient! Now I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon surfing pictures from the last trip:) Seriously though, nice crispness and quality on the video. Good work!

You can go direct to Hidden Worlds by local buses from Cancun and they will look after your gear at the dive shop there - they have excellent dive masters and we send our divers who want to visit that system directly there, they will take you cavern diving to your own level as they have a variety of dives available. I suggest you email and discuss with them the timings and transport www.hiddenworlds.com. Here in Puerto Morelos we have several cenotes that not many public go to, they are on private land and you will normally have it all to yourself. The Tres Bocas cenote is where we take first timers and is a great day out for diving and seeing some of the real Mex country. Luggage kept safe in dive shop. Do not go to a cenote alone. Do not attempt to dive any cenote without an experienced guide who knows the location well and who has the support and equipment necessary for your safety - they are wonderful and magical experiences but safety first always.

teamheatwave:
Thanks a lot OTTER! We love the area so much that we go 2-3 times every year. Even though we go back the end of next month watching the video clip you shot made us even more impatient! Now I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon surfing pictures from the last trip:) Seriously though, nice crispness and quality on the video. Good work!

Thanks for the kudos. I should have mentioned one of the other benefits of diving the Cenotes after diving Cozumel is your gear get a real good rinse in the fresh water!

Knock wood, it hasn't happened to me in a long time but a few years ago I remember being out in the sun and the mineral enriched waters of the cenotes seemed to have medicinal powers and did wonders for the sunburn. Took the heat right out!

Otter:
We did 2 dives each at Chac Mool and Dos Ojos with Dive Aventuras out of Pt Aventuras. They picked us up and droped us of at our hotel in PDC at no extra charge. Their DMs were quite good and dove doubles.

It is my understanding that qualified cenote guides MUST dive doubles (as well as have a canister light, backup lights, etc.). They are also all full cave, obviously. If your guide shows up with a single tank, find another operation. :wink:

Jim

Back
Top Bottom