Cenote dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozdiver2001

Reaction score
Just got back from Cozumel and thought I would share my experience on our Cenote dive. We stayed in Cozumel and took the Ferry to Playa. The shop we used was Dive Mike. I cannot say enough about them. From the 1st email until the end of the trip they were 1st rate!! I also decided to use their gear for $5.00 more rather the lugging mine over from Cozumel. Normally I would not do this but from the 1st email to the phone conversations I had no worries. Went meet Daniel our dive master and he took us in to get fitted for our gear. Once the trip begin he started asking questions, wanting to know about us and our dive history/experience. Then he told us about his experience and went into the most thorough dive plan I have been party to. Now we arrive at the Cenotes, Choc-mol and Kukulkan. We checked both out and he decided to dive Choc-mol 1st, to many groups at the other. Very nice dive vis was 300+ not that it was that big but it was crystal clear......until you hit the halocline. Things get a little blurry then. That is where the Fresh and Salt water meet, once your below that same viz.....Best part about this was coming back up to the entrance and seeing the light come through the jungle and the cavern opening....

This is a must do dive if your in the region!! Also in Choc-mol is the Air dome which is pretty cool, nice little air pocket in about the turnaround point of the dive. Kukulkan is similar with another awesome assent......

Recommendations: Take Teva type sandals or old tennis shoes it's a little muddy and a long walk over rocks. I also would recommend www.Divemike.com and Daniel as your divemaster, I will be using them again as soon as possible!!

Coz

Danny is a friend of mine, great to hear that you had a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom