Cenote dive/Cavern Course in Mexico this Spring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IF you can take Fundies before you go, I'd highly recommend it -- especially if you take it in doubles -- since then it would be easy to do Cavern in doubles. I'm convinced that if you are sure you want to go on, it makes sense to do Cavern in doubles -- AS LONG AS YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THEM -- because it is then a seamless transition to Intro/Full cave. As I've stated before, do all the "non-overhead work" BEFORE you take Cavern -- so you can spend your time on the overhead work rather than "the fundamentals" which too often take up the bulk of Cavern.

Upon reflection (and under the influence of Turkey), I am not going to do Cavern on this trip. Nobody offers a Fundies/Ice-Diver combo course up here, so fundies must wait. Also, I have zero interest in diving doubles this season, and caves... well... they are just going to have to wait a while. The game up here in Ontario is wreck diving.

So...

I think I will do some guided dives to whet my appetite and look into doing IANTD Recreational Trimix or NAUI Recreational Helitrox (26/17) while I am down there. Yeah, I know, lots to discuss about those courses, we had a good thread on the subject in the Technical Diving forum.

My wife and I used Ben Mooney from Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives&PADI Courses First class dives and a nice small boat. the communication from Ben was stellar and it made all the difference. The cenotes are a dont miss down there and are 100% guided.

the trip we took was in May this year and I am seriously considering going back down in a couple weeks and WILL be using Ben's crew again..

Hope this helps...

Back
Top Bottom