cedar point/northwest harbor long island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone dove these places Cedar Point county park or Northwest harbor county park? Any info would be appreciated. I'm looking for a beginner dive on the island for myself and children. Want to stay shallow and have limited exposure protection. 5 mil suits.A short duration dive is ok. Easy access and parking a must. A little concerned with boat traffic and current at ponoqouge. Scoped out bayville barge yesterday but parking could be an issue. I guess if a slack tide happens early before resturant opens we might not get towed. We did patronize the wharf but the storm hit in between our salad and main course and the electric went out and was told they couldn't finish our meals so we left.
Thanks,Ed

Parking for the bayville Sub is next to the resturant. Or on many of the side streets of bayville. You want to enter the water on the side of the resutrant where the swings and steps are, not the other side. There are tons off good beach dives on the island, go to njscuba.net he has maps of all the dive sites around NJ and NY and all the wrecks too. DO NOT PARK IN THE RESTURANT LOT...thats private property.

I'm in the same boat with my 2 kids. Ceadr beach in Mt Sinai is an easy beach dive but it will cost $15.00 to park. I've dove with my kids at the Shinnecock inlet jetty on calm days it's a nice dive. You can drop off your gear then park your car.
Where are you located? I'm in Islip Terrace maybe we can hook up to do some kid friendly diving.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom