Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Would anybody know of where to rent a helicopter in the Cebu area? I need to helo some tanks and compressor to and from a cave system. Thanks.

andibk

Didn't Copola hire some choppers from the Philippine airforce/ army when he filmed the helicopter scenes for Apocolypse Now in the PI? :eyebrow:

Joking aside, can't help you there... That's gonna be one monster transportation bill... :shocked:

You are not to far off path. I have actually been trying to reach some contacts that I have in the military to see if I can rent one. Anything is possible, just depends on what I have to offer them. I think the rewards will be well worth getting to these caves.

I love that movie.

andibk

andibk:
I love that movie.

andibk

just gave me an idea for a tech liveaboard in the Philippines... Convert an old PBR (patrol boat) to a dive support boat, and have a huey fly us in... :wink:

there has to be some helo rentals in cebu... go to the airport, at the general aviation area... i wouldn't trust the government hueys...

but a few thousand pesos in the right pocket WILL get you airborne... try the camp commander or something... then slip the pilots a couple of cases of beer and you're good to go... just make sure they gas up the bird and don't hit the cases until after you've returned home hehehehehe

Jag

hueys?! anything but those vietnam era huey with salvaged parts. those things have been dropping like flies from the skies.

205th Helicopter wing in mactan is now 1 less chopper. One Huey crashed last April on a tricycle killing 7 on the ground and 2 crew members. Good luck!

flying fish:
i think the air force does rent out choppers every once in a while. i know they got a squadron of hueys down in cebu as well.
Welcome to SB and why don't you fill out yer profile:D

Oh yeah, with regards to those Hueys, I'd stay away from them. Jigo is right. Aside from the military, not sure if there's anyone else in Cebu that's got one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom