cebu trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwayne88

Registered
Reaction score
greetings all. have been surfing around and have found answers to couple questions i had, but not all so here goes.
i want to come to cebu to dive in the may-june time frame. whats the weather like. was in sipidan last june and it was great. assume the same there?
is it possible to stay in cebu city and travel to the north and south for day trips or would i be limited to local diving.
as far as tech diving, are there any wrecks or such to see or do they just do deep reef dives.?
any recomendations for a dive shop to get the most out of a trip.

don't mind an overnite for a trip to some of the dive sites. have been diving forever and a day and am advanced trimix so am fairly experianced and can go just about anywhere. will be looking at about eight to ten day trip. as for flights, i will be coming from bangkok thailand. better to go through manilia or is there a direct to cebu?

about all i can think of now.
thks

I'll be in nearby Bahol in April and I'll be able to give you an idea of the weather and sea conditions I expect, when I get back.
BTW, you have to be a Tech diver to do wrecks? Man, somebody should have told me.

weather should be pretty good then...

but the rest of the guys - especially those more experienced with cebu and the visayas - are out drinking... sniff...

you should get your answer tomorrow :biggrin:

Jag

I'll be in nearby Bahol in April and I'll be able to give you an idea of the weather and sea conditions I expect, when I get back.
BTW, you have to be a Tech diver to do wrecks? Man, somebody should have told me.

not wrecks in general, just the ones below 150 ft or so. unless you like the feeling of being narced on air at that depth.

not wrecks in general, just the ones below 150 ft or so. unless you like the feeling of being narced on air at that depth.:D

not wrecks in general, just the ones below 150 ft or so. unless you like the feeling of being narced on air at that depth.:D
Ha! okay, obviously I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs. My only thought at 45 metres sw (150 ft.) is how the hell am I going to make it to the surface with an ascent rate of 9 metres a minute with the air I've got left. :D

weather should be good unless you get bad luck and have a typhoon visit when you're here.
nearest dives in cebu are mactan. there is talima wreck but i think its within recreational limits. then there's tinggo where there are treshers for the fortunate at about 140-150 feet. if you dont mind three hours or more trips, you can go to moalboal or malapascua for treshers and the dona marilyn wreck. heard there is also diving in camotes. best will be to take a ferry bohol and dive balicasag and cabilao islands or to dumaguete to dive dauin and apo island or to sogod bay in leyte and get to dive with whalesharks (it may not be the season for WS but general diving in sogod is still superb)

Day trips north to Malapascua Is. or west to Moalboal will take three to four hours each way. add or should I say subtract that from your dive time. Great diving in Mactan Is. (Cebu) just dove, 2/12 with Scubaworld Mactan. Talk to Mike Arnibal. Great shor hops for diving, plus he can arrange for trips to other sites not far away, (Balicasag, Cabilao).
Or you could go to Bohol itself, stay on Panglao Is. and dive with Baywatch divers. Talk to Vernon.
You can't go wrong.

so if i go to cebu for a couple days, then go up to malapascua for four or five days i should have a good trip. i noticed there is a wreck off malapascua that is in the 140 to 160 ft range. do they have helium on malapascua or is it a deep air dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom