Cebu Philippines- Where to go and weather in Nov-Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trucha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just booked a cheap flight to Cebu last minute and I now just need to figure out where to go once I land. I'll be traveling Nov20-dec7 on advice from somewhere I read that that time of year is dry season. I may have been mistaken that that is the case and just want to check on here on local weather anomalies. I am interested in beach, scuba and a chill place to relax. I'd probably take nicer topside over better diving. I am thinking of two itineraries Dumaguete>Apo>Siquijor or Malapascua and somewhere else(any suggestions?). Which one is better? Could I fit in both north and south areas in the time I have? Would one be better than another this time of year? Would I be better off somewhere else that would likely to be drier? Palawan? Thanks!

I am diving in Panglao Bohol from 13 - 27 November and Moalboal from 20 - 30 December.

Bohol Divers Club in Panglao Bohol and Cebu Dive Center in Moalboal.

Panglao has excellent diving especially good night dives.

The weather should be nice, dry season. Malapascua is very chill and diving is good. Can spend a week easily.
South Leyte is a bit out of the way, good diving and very laid back.
Bohol can be a bit crowded but lots of topside activities, fast ferry from Cebu.
Great diving at Apo and Dumageute. Can get a cheap flight from Cebu to there. I would do that one.

Pick a couple of places and hang out. Traveling in Philippines can take time. You are on holiday, don't rush around.

I just booked a cheap flight to Cebu last minute and I now just need to figure out where to go once I land. I'll be traveling Nov20-dec7 on advice from somewhere I read that that time of year is dry season. I may have been mistaken that that is the case and just want to check on here on local weather anomalies. I am interested in beach, scuba and a chill place to relax. I'd probably take nicer topside over better diving. I am thinking of two itineraries Dumaguete>Apo>Siquijor or Malapascua and somewhere else(any suggestions?). Which one is better? Could I fit in both north and south areas in the time I have? Would one be better than another this time of year? Would I be better off somewhere else that would likely to be drier? Palawan? Thanks!

Hello there, I go to Cebu every year now. Lot of friends on Cebu. Id suggest if possible finding a reliable local to drive you all over the island. I have the relative of a friend drive me. I do northern cebu dives and southern in Moalboal on same trip. You have plenty of time.

I even booked a puddle jumper flight over to Coron to do the wrecks for several days. By the way those Coron wrecks were the most fun I have ever had diving. Now im not the world traveler scuba diver but I dive mexico, california, and Cebu in all types of environments and I loved the Coron wrecks. No wreck experience needed. I now have slightly over 50 dives only.

Moalboal is known for Pescador Island and that was extremely nice diving. they also have the sardines which are there all year and darken the water under them. Thats a short dive and really id say you could pass on that but if its one of the dives of the day then it is a unique experience.

If you go to Moalboal I will tell you from experience and the locals and friends that Dolphin House is the nicest resort ive stayed at. Its small and quiet as all get out. You will relax there like no other place ive been. I stayed at 5 star hotels in mactan area. The shangri la and movenpic are fun, I have friends with money lol not me.

Also dolphin house has the best dive outfit going with their own boats etc. The owner of the resort wanders through once in a while and his employees seem to love him and they are the sweetest people ive seen in a resort hands down.

I have dove bohol and ive dove the reserves off mactan of nalusuan and i forget the other name. I will say if you dive around nalusuan you will hear extremely loud and scary dynamite fishing. very unnerving. That is only off mactan about an hour boat ride away.

I may be able to hook you up with Boo. He drove 10 of us all over the island, well does every year. Good honest loveable guy a big teddy bear and when with locals you are in good hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom