Cebu in Feb. - Moalboal and Apo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lifesabeach

Registered
Reaction score
Hi...first post here - I was in the Philippines for the first time in August and had great dives at Balicasag off Alona Beach in Bohol.

I have given myself a bit more time in Cebu this February - 10 days with a couple of days in Cebu city on arrival and departure leaves me with 5-6 days of diving in the middle. Moalboal - Pescador island is definitely on the schedule but probably one more place would be good, though with travel times that is a bit tight. Do I have time for Moalboal plus one more place?

I have crossed Malapasqua off the list and am intrigued by Apo island

any advice on where to stay there in Dumaquete or nearer to Apo? should I travel from Moalboal to Apo or back to Cebu and then ferry?

I'm not that experienced as a diver - maybe 20 or so dives in Hawaii, Thailand and Bohol - with lots of snorkelling experience I still love coral walls etc. - big fish are not my priority and I have little interest in wrecks or night dives...does Apo suit my interests?

Thanks...

I recall someone mentioning that they have taken public transportation from Moalboal down to the southern most tip of Cebu and took a ferry to Dumaguete.

If you like coral walls, you'll love Apo Island. Also, consider Cabilao Island as well...

that would be the town named Bato. actual travel time is just 15 minutes barge to Dumaguete. but i believe the waiting is quite horrible. :D

Back
Top Bottom