Cebu diving - how does it compare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking for a small dive resort in the Phillipines, that can accomodate a group of about 40 (20-24 will be divers - the rest families and beachgoers). I am interested in Kasai Village resort - which looks terrific.... I lead small group trips to various diving destinations and we have dived Beqa Lagoon (Fiji); The Maldives; North Sulawesi; Vanuatu (Santo); Tonga and I have also been lucky enough to visit Palau, The Solomons and North Borneo (Sipadan). We have visited some fabulous destinations and I'm just after an honest opinion on whether or not Cebu (or The Phillipines in general) will compare. I have been blown away by the biodiversity of Bunaken in North Sulawesi; been awestruck by the tornado of Barracuda at Sipadan; dived with Tiger and Bull Sharks at Beqa; and dived the President Coolidge in Santo, Vanuatu. Just after an idea of whether Phillipines diving and Cebu inparticular will measure up.

I have been to CEBU to dive. Stayed at the Shangri-La which is a noce resort and has nice spas for the ladies and good food. The diving was a waste of time. If you are coming to Philippines in the area, look at Dumagette (great diving) and Puerto Gallera (fantastic diving).

Just my view.

I've never stayed at Kasai Village, but, while it's not world class, the diving in Moalboal can be excellent. The reefs are pretty good, lots of small stuff to photograph if you're into that, and a good chance to see some big stuff. White tips are more or less always at Pescadore and, in the last week, a thresher was sighted there. The sardines are spectacular. On my last 2 morning dives at Pescadore (Jan 24 and 25), I saw 2 large yellow fin tuna.

Other resorts on Panagsama Beach you could consider are Marcosas and Quo Vadis. Both are family friendly and have excellent dive operations associated with them. There's an outfit called Planet Action that does activities like river climbing and horse riding for those who don't/won't dive.

Dumaguete is pretty good, too.

Best of luck with your search.

I have dived in many places and I am consistantly pleased with the diving here in the Philippines, and I am currently making my home in Cebu. If you are considering the Phils as a location for such a large group why not come here on a Fam trip and spend a few days at the various dive destinations.

I would be happy to discuss via email or PM..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom