CDOT is diving CSSP April 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Christian Divers of Texas (well, at least the local folks) will be hosting a get-together at Clear Springs on Sunday, April 29. Don't let that title thing get in the way. EVERYONE is welcome for dives, chat or just chillin' and talking diving. You don't have to be a "member" (or even a Christian...we're just about as inclusive as a group can be!) to dive...just trained and safety conscious and willing to have FUN.
Come on out and join us for a day of fellowship, diving, and just plain ol' good times. Hope to see you there!
Bill

Well, Bill....I would come join you folks this weekend, but Sunday is my last day for teaching my 9th grade class for the Church school year, so I cannot attend.

We can get together in the future. I always bring my camp grill and anyone is welcome to cook his/her grub on it.

Cyp

You know to be a "member" of the Texas Swamp Divers you have to dive with a swamper right? Sounds like you have been rubbed the wrong way, and it certainly was no one's intention to do that. Are we guilty until proven innocent, or innocent until proven guilty these days? It's just fun diving, trying to do it safely for the divers and their new buddies. But wait, I am Jewish, so maybe that's it? :signofcross::yinyang::ss::grouphug: Smilies say it so much better than I do. Now back to the topic, oh wait, :focus:

Bill,
Sunday 29th.
approx. time-
approx. location-

I might be able to stop over, not 100% sure.

(responses in order in which they came...)

Cyp,
That is a great reason not to get to dive, for sure! Occassions like that are very important, and I hope you have a fine time with them. Sure enough, we'll make it another time. Looking forward to seeing you. By the way, I sure do appreciate your understanding with the mix-up. (Honestly...sometimes I don't know what gets into me!) Anyway, you take care and I'll look forward to meeting up with you another time.

Debra, the way I'm taught, we're ALL guilty...that's why there's such an emphasis on forgiveness. :wink: Trust me, you and Dan have been great ambassadors for the new club, and if anyone needs to be forgiven, it's me. I believe I was mistaken in what I "read between the lines", and perhaps I was a little predisposed by the pages and pages of another thread I had observed, causing me to jump to some conclusions I should not have.
As for you being Jewish, what a coincidence! I work for a Jewish carpenter!:D (And I'm a bit partial to the smiley emoticons, too.)
I agree that diving is for fun, and sometimes we should just draw a breath and relax. I hope to meet you and the other NTDS folk soon. (Hopefully, I won't be remembered as "the jerk that caused all the fuss on SB". I really didn't mean to, and I like to THINK I'm not really a jerk, but that's for others to decide, of course.) Anyway, have a great day and keep getting underwater. Hope to see you there!

Hey Alan! Great to hear from you! We'll be at Clear Springs Scuba Park (Terrell, Tx) about 9:00 am, probably setting up somewhere in the curve just beyond the air station. I'll have a pop up shade set up with the flag and banner. Sure would like to see ya again!

Bill

(responses in order in which they came...)

Cyp,
That is a great reason not to get to dive, for sure! Occassions like that are very important, and I hope you have a fine time with them. Sure enough, we'll make it another time. Looking forward to seeing you. By the way, I sure do appreciate your understanding with the mix-up. (Honestly...sometimes I don't know what gets into me!) Anyway, you take care and I'll look forward to meeting up with you another time.

Debra, the way I'm taught, we're ALL guilty...that's why there's such an emphasis on forgiveness. :wink: Trust me, you and Dan have been great ambassadors for the new club, and if anyone needs to be forgiven, it's me. I believe I was mistaken in what I "read between the lines", and perhaps I was a little predisposed by the pages and pages of another thread I had observed, causing me to jump to some conclusions I should not have.
As for you being Jewish, what a coincidence! I work for a Jewish carpenter!:D (And I'm a bit partial to the smiley emoticons, too.)
I agree that diving is for fun, and sometimes we should just draw a breath and relax. I hope to meet you and the other NTDS folk soon. (Hopefully, I won't be remembered as "the jerk that caused all the fuss on SB". I really didn't mean to, and I like to THINK I'm not really a jerk, but that's for others to decide, of course.) Anyway, have a great day and keep getting underwater. Hope to see you there!

Hey Alan! Great to hear from you! We'll be at Clear Springs Scuba Park (Terrell, Tx) about 9:00 am, probably setting up somewhere in the curve just beyond the air station. I'll have a pop up shade set up with the flag and banner. Sure would like to see ya again!

Bill

Bill,

Again, no harm, no foul. There are quite a few people that throw up his/her respective antennas when GUE is mentioned. It's an automatic response to the dreaded "DIR" phrase.

I'll continue to stand here as a GUE diver that is working toward the common goal of making people realize that we will dive with any safe diver with only one exception: if the dive is called as a GUE dive and all are expected to be diving in a set configuration with standard mix and the same mindset. There is nothing wrong with this. It's nothing more than a safety factor. Some choose to get bent out of shape if they are told you are not welcome on this dive if you aren't in standard configuration, yet they are the first to yell if someone violates one of "their" rules.

Troy and Debra have indeed been great and helpful. Troy will be one of the first to admit (and I'm not putting words in his mouth) that GUE has great concepts, but he just doesn't agree with all of them. He told me this himself as I suited up in GUE configuration and he in side-mount. Guess what? I didn't run over there and stand eye to eye with him (oh, I would have needed a step stool to do that anyway) and tell him what was wrong with his configuration and that we couldn't dive together. Nope, we had a couple of good dives that day and he taught me a few things.

Point being, if you are a safe diver, in most any open water environment I will dive with you and I'll be looking for a way to learn from you. I don't care what dive history you have.

As great as Scubaboard is for knowledge, it has also been a detriment to GUE. Yes, I understand that there have been some unsavory characters in its history, but some people are unwillingly to look beyond a select few and see the GUE divers out here that just dive and smile when you show up and offer you some food, drink and a few laughs. For those of you that are like that, don't show up in my camp....you are right in your own mind, I have no place for you. Take your hatred and ego somewhere else. For those that want to enjoy diving and food and munchies on surface intervals....I'll bring my grill, you bring anything you want to cook and a few good stories.....oh, and we will dive. :D

Safe dives

Cyprian (Dan)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom