CCR Diving in Bahamas / Bimini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zapnyc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for shops that support CCR. Mostly looking to do ocean dives, sharks, etc as opposed to blue holes and caves.

For Nassau, the only 2 players in town are Stuart's Cove and Bahamas Divers. I know for a fact SC only caters to the recreational market, not sure about Bahamas Divers.

As for Bimini, your only tech/CCR option is to go on the Juliet, a livaboard that's out of Miami. Their boat is CCR and tech friendly but I would still reach out to them well far in advance to be sure they have what you need.

Good luck!

This is going to surprise a lot of folks, but last year while at ClubMed San Salvador they were doing discover CCR classes!! The problem there is going to be getting the amount of bottom time you would like. But sharks and walls - oh yea! Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if I could any bait clubmed bashers :wink:

This is going to surprise a lot of folks, but last year while at ClubMed San Salvador they were doing discover CCR classes!! The problem there is going to be getting the amount of bottom time you would like. But sharks and walls - oh yea! Just thought I'd throw it out there to see if I could any bait clubmed bashers :wink:
Club Med Columbus Isle was one of my early diving vacations. It certainly opened my eyes to other lifestyles also.

Reactions: mbs
Unless it's changed recently, Bahama Divers caters to the rec. crowd also - most of their business comes from the resorts on Paradise Island and Cable Beach.

Unless it's changed recently, Bahama Divers caters to the rec. crowd also - most of their business comes from the resorts on Paradise Island and Cable Beach.
I've never used Bahama Divers so with SC being only recreational, there may not be any options at all for tech in Nassau unless OP wants to charter their own boat and rent specialized tanks/equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom