CBT and nitrox mode on a Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a question that I could answer by looking in my used manual but there is so much knowledge here I'll just tap it!!!

When the Cobra is in nitrox mode does it display consumed bottom time(the diver's nitorgen exposure) or O2 exposure-or perhaps both??? I have only used it in AIR mode....can't reach that user's manual from my computer chair..........if only could.......

Thanks
Mike

... download the PDF from SUUNTO...

I'm wondering about this "limitation" as well. But then nitrogen absorbption is all theory... unless you have the model with the IV :wink: (how nasty would that be after a few dives?)

Overall the computer is great. It tells me the deco stop floor, ceiling and time. And that's enough for the rec diving. It's kind of like the idiot lights in your car. Which is fine for idiots like me. Besides, I figure the typical 2-3yr life cycle for computers apply, and by that time there will be new technology for my different needs.

And the answer is..........both! The primary screen shows the OLF in the either CNS (Central Nervous System) or OTU (Oxygen Toxicity Units), depending on which one is higher. The last segment will blink when it represents OTU. In order to see the CBT, you press the "Time" button and the graph will then show CBT.

Back
Top Bottom