Cayman Watersports Guidelines including appendix C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the marine conservation laws. No gloves allowed, nothing about dive flags.

Attachments

• 11528465-1.pdf
    70.7 KB · Views: 65
This make no sense. The document lists the guidelines for CITA tour operators. They are rules. They are not federal laws (for divers or any one). These are rules that dive operators in good standing with CITA must follow. Why would police become involved? There are no laws, they have no jurisdiction. Tell them to go away. YMMV...

So why do the police think they have any business becoming involved in the rules of a trade association? Or am I missing something obvious?

Dive flag is required per Cayman's Port Authority Law (1999 Revision) and the Port Regulations (2011 Revision) promulgated under that law, not just CITA regs. I definitely suggest you do not tell the RCIPS officer to go away.

PORT AUTHORITY LAW (1999 Revision) PORT REGULATIONS (2011 Revision) (pdf at links) Part VI
144. (1) Save as authorised by the Director no person may dive in a navigational channel listed in Schedule 9. Divers
(2) A person diving, except in a swim area, shall-
(a) by day display a float, marker or flag as prescribed in Schedule 5;
(b) by night display the lights prescribed in Schedule 5.​
BTW, the definitions section specifies " “diver” includes a snorkeler; "

Back
Top Bottom