Cayman & Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the water temp is in Dec for Cayman and Turks? Planning to go diving there but wondering about the water temp as I'm a wimp for cold waters.:D

Dive safe,

Izette

In Cayman the water in December is normally between 80-82f.
It normally cools down to a minimum of around 78f in February.
Hope this helps!
CJ

Thanks a mil!:lotsalove:

In Cayman the water in December is normally between 80-82f.
It normally cools down to a minimum of around 78f in February.
Hope this helps!
CJ

btw, where the best places to go diving in Grand Cayman?:shakehead:

The Northwall Deep and Mini Walls from Rum Point to the NW Point are my favorite dive sites. Stay away from the Georgetown area dive sites.

Besides the boat dives my family really enjoy shore diving the Northwall from Divetech's two shore diving shops. Divetech includes free shore diving with their boat package.

Lilo,

The classics on the West side include Orange Canyons, Big Tunnel and Big Dipper, Trinity Caves, Royal Palm Ledges, La Mesa, The Aquarium, Chain Reef (not known by many).

You'd enjoy any of these.

Why should I stay away from the Georgetown area dive sites?:confused: Is it bad or what is the problem in that area?

The Northwall Deep and Mini Walls from Rum Point to the NW Point are my favorite dive sites. Stay away from the Georgetown area dive sites.

Besides the boat dives my family really enjoy shore diving the Northwall from Divetech's two shore diving shops. Divetech includes free shore diving with their boat package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom