Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the article: "The premier said of the local transmission cases, “This for us is a game changer. We are pausing… our reopening plan for the rest of this year. We don’t want to be rushing anything, we want to remain composed and carefully consider the various steps we need to put in place to address community spread and ensure we can feel safe and ensure our children are protected,” he said."

8 Cases in a place the size of the Caymans. I wonder if they've really grasped what operating in a world with COVID-19 is going to entail for all nations going forward. Sounds like they're out to exist as a 'Grand Bubble.'

I have lost track. So what Phase are they currently on and now will be on until the end of the year?

As many expected…

It seems like it may be time to just write off Cayman as a dive destination as I have no confidence in any opening date at this point.

I may just go ahead and proactively cancel my April 2022 trip and book something somewhere else.

Anyone that puts money down at a wishy washy places like the Caymens is a fool.

To be honest I wouldn't plan any trips to any destination that isn't currently open at the time you are putting money down.

It is a lot easier to say "We aren't going to open on schedule," than it is to say "We are closing back down."

8 Cases in a place the size of the Caymans. I wonder if they've really grasped what operating in a world with COVID-19 is going to entail for all nations going forward. Sounds like they're out to exist as a 'Grand Bubble.'

There are still people that think a zero covid world is possible. With how quickly the virus mutates, and the leaky vaccines (meaning not completely effective at stopping both the disease and transmission) ensure that will never happen. The best we can hope for is it kept at a low level thanks to vaccines.

The hospitality industry must be on the last stages of life-support. I can’t imagine how they’re even surviving at this point.

The hospitality industry must be on the last stages of life-support. I can’t imagine how they’re even surviving at this point.
I can't either. They have just been told to kiss thanksgiving and christmas holiday travel goodbye. Sadly I agree that Caymans are a no go for the indefinite future.

This is sheer insanity. I'm all for taking aggressively reasonable precautions and instituting strong rules and guidelines, etc., but this is just nuts. I can't believe there isn't some legal challenge available to the business owners, but then again British law doesn't provide the kinds of redress avenues we have here in the US.

There comes a point when the balance tips the other way and that seems to have happened at this point. Sheesh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom