Cayman - East End - where to eat/buy food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My family stayed at The Reef and dove with Ocean Frontiers last year. We have nothing but great things to say about our experiences with both operations. scvdiver has provided some good info. My wife and I also had a very nice, yet pricey, dinner at The Lighthouse. Castro's Bar, at The Reef, mixes some nice drinks. My wife loved the Mudslides.

Your affordable eats list should also include Over the Edge, a short drive away in Northside.

Further along in Northside towards Rum Point, Sunday afternoon the Driftwood sports bar has a catered BBQ with substantial portions.

Roland's is indeed a "pay what you think it was worth" but keep in mind that he prepares exceptional fare. It's worth quite a bit.

Sunday eening there is a fish fry on the beach in East End near the Texaco station. Capt Herman does a nice business there, and you can talk to him about buying some of his catch on other days.

Finally, the drive into Bodden Town is worthwhile for Lorna Wood's Jerk Chicken stand. It's a roadside stand with very affordable prices.

Big groceries are in Georgetown at the moment. Another market is being constructed in Savannah at the roundabout where the Texaco station is. Another will open in the strip mall across the road from The Reef Resort, though I dare not guess about opening schedule. And as others noted... groceries are closed on Sundays by law.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom