Cayman Brac Beach Resort Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trip was great! Diving was really good! We had fantastic weather and we were able to make it to Little Cayman and we made a trip all the way around Brac which they say they can only do about 10 days out of the year. The dive staff was great. Very helpful and personable. they even stopped by the bar on our last night to say goodbye. Everything at CBBR was awesome. This was my first trip but apparently they totally remodeled the pool bar area. It is beautiful. The food was great! The 3 drink per day system is new and they were working out some kinks but it was fine.

The positives outweighed the negatives but here are my negatives:
1. Getting there from Phoenix is a pain. Cayman airways doesn't fly from PHX so we had to fly AA to Miami, get our luggage, recheck with CA and proceed to Cayman Brac. Before the trip, CA canceled one of our flights and rebooked us on an earlier flight that departed before our AA flight landed. Our choice was to spend the night in Grand Cayman (which the airline would have paid for) or change our AA flight. To not miss out on vaca time, we changed our AA flight - cost us $150 each I believe.
2. We had 18 divers on the boat and 1 divemaster in the water. Being our first trip, we don't mind following someone that knows where they are going. I asked the DMs about this practice and they stated that our group was unusual and most of the time people go off on their own. They get a lot of repeat guests that really know the sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom