Cavern Course with Blue Life.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A few months ago, I had asked about diving the Cenotes in Mexico. I was directed to Blue Life in Playa De Carman.

I have now finished their Cavern Course.

I have never been the kind of person to be a destination diver. I usually do not spend that kind of money on courses.
Till now.

The training I got from Frank and the crew at Blue Life not only made me feel safe in the cenotes, but those skills will make me a better overall diver. We focused on 3 main things; buoyancy, trim, and propulsion.

With 60 dives, all of those things were less than desirable. However, I learned why I was having a problem. My trim was wrong, and I was weighting wrong, which meant my buoyancy was wrong. Just like most OW divers, I used to flutter kick.

My buoyancy is better. My trim is better. And now, I know of other ways to move in the water, without using my hands.

If I ever get back here, I am definitely diving the cenotes again. If I dive the cenotes, I would use Blue Life.

If I never cavern dive, the skills I learned will make me a better OW diver.

I dove with them last January 2016. Cenotes, Cozumel and Playa. That people is great !

Well thanks to your write up I now know who I should go with when I get out there this year.

Thanks for your insight.

You're welcome. If you want even more insight into my thoughts on the way things were done, let me know.

Sounds like you had good training and an excellent experience! Buoyancy, trim, and propulsion are benchmark skills that we can all work on for a lifetime, if we're honest about it. You can always get better.

I am considering Blue Life for ocean dives for our upcoming trip in Februay. Any comments on the dive masters, length of dives etc? I understand that they end the dive when the first diver is low, and they try to match divers with others of the same experience levels, but I have heard that before and been burnt.

I am considering Blue Life for ocean dives for our upcoming trip in Februay. Any comments on the dive masters, length of dives etc? I understand that they end the dive when the first diver is low, and they try to match divers with others of the same experience levels, but I have heard that before and been burnt.

I did 3 days 6 tanks with them. First day in Playa del Carmen, second day in Cozumel and third day Cenote Ponderosa and casa Cenote.
The 2 first days alone with the DM Hugo. The third day two more divers and a second DM.
As we were the 2 alone, my gas consume was the limiting dive time.
The third day, a return point was defined. If gas was the limiting point, we would turn back. Fortunatelly all divers arrived to the return point with enough gas.
Amazing people them from Blue Life, and Hugo, also a good guy.

I only did the cavern with them, so unfortunately I cannot say about their ocean dives. If ocean diving is anything like their cavern fiving, I am sure it would be top notch.

Eduardo, did you take the ferry to Cozumel or the Blue Life boat? If it was the Blue Life boat how long was the ride? Was it relatively "smooth sailing"?

Eduardo, did you take the ferry to Cozumel or the Blue Life boat? If it was the Blue Life boat how long was the ride? Was it relatively "smooth sailing"?
We took the ferry. The ferry ticket was included in the package that I paid to them.

Back
Top Bottom