Cavern Course in Cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtykris

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

Heading back to Mexico in October and considering doing a cavern course while I am there. So far I have done little research, but Manta Divers offers the course for around $400 US for the 4 dive course. Has anyone done this course in the Cenotes? I have dove them ( the cenotes) the last two trips and it rocked!!

Thanks for you advice

David

I've never taken the course, but I have heard that Leif is an excellent instructor. Also, Dennis Weeks in PDC also is very good. Depends where you are staying.

Ah, another poor soul who has become addicted to the fresh water caves....I did my first ones last August, and that was all I needed! The next time, i want to spend more time exploring, instead of the nickel tour.

Jack,

Thanks for the mention:
I've never taken the course, but I have heard that Leif is an excellent instructor. Also, Dennis Weeks in PDC also is very good. Depends where you are staying.

Ah, another poor soul who has become addicted to the fresh water caves....I did my first ones last August, and that was all I needed! The next time, i want to spend more time exploring, instead of the nickel tour.

I only do 3 day or 6 dive courses for cavern I fell it's the only way to insure that the student has the skills to explore caverns on thier own. Some need the extra day and others don't and there are some divers that even after 3 days don't have the skills needed to earn thier cavern certification. I charge $420.00 for the course plus the manual.

Cheers,

Dennis

I'd definitely go with Dennis. You'll really learn something. It's a great deal, too, since you are getting 6 dives for $420 vs 4 dives for $400.

I did Cavern in the cenotes, and it's a wonderful place to do the training, although it won't prepare you for Florida flow, if you get there.

Dennis is a great guy -- My husband did some guided cave diving with him, and liked him and enjoyed the dives a lot. If you can't work out schedules with him for any reason, I would also recommend my Cavern instructor, German Yanez of Yucatech Divers.

Cavern is a great class and will really pay off for your normal, non-overhead diving as well.

Thanks for the replies

Not sure exactly what I am going to do- Cenotes for sure and either the drift class or cavern class - depends on finances (actually what my wife tells me I can spend - yes I am whipped) as I get closer to going.

I have only done a few drifts and need training and I feel real comfortable in the caverns , but I think taking a class would make the experience much more enjoyable.

We are staying at a new resort " Secret Maroma " and they do not have an on site dive operation - If I do the cavern I will be contacting Dennis

Thanks!!!!

David

I did Cavern in the cenotes, and it's a wonderful place to do the training, although it won't prepare you for Florida flow, if you get there.

Ditto. You will not be prepared for Florida cavern diving if you do your training in Mexico.

Hola, if you would like to take the cavern course with one of the best cavern instructors of the Mayan Riviera, go to Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel Diving ! Whale Sharks! - Home and call toll free from wherever you are, you will be doing the standard official course no less, obviously like on any course both instructor and student decide if more time or dives are needed.
You will have round trip transportation to and from the lobby of your hotel
Just because you took your course in Mexico does not mean you will not do good anywhere else, that depends on your overall experience as a diver, and as a diver you already know that everywhere you go there might be different conditions than where you learned. It always depends on your own experience, if you dive regularly or not that often etc. Caverns in the Yucatan Peninsula are the greatest there are in the world.
Hope this helps.
Heard awesome comments on Dennis as well.
German Yanez is a great Cavern and Cave Instructor he has trained divers that now guide and teach this courses

Call Dennis. plain and simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom