Cavern and Intro in Mexico: Wet or dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I am back and had a blast. 13 days of cave diving, it was awesome!! I'll try to give a report later this week.

Anyways, here are my thoughts after the trip: I went dry and my team mate went wet. We had relatively bad weather with lots of rain and often cloudy. I felt very good in my dry suit, never cold and buoyancy was not an issue. On hot and humid days, it wasn't too much fun to put on the undies in the jungle though but once in the water, no issues. My team mate was fine in a 5mm wetsuit most of the times but when we had rain/no sun and two longer dives she was a little cold sometimes. I think I'll go dry again next time because I hate being cold underwater (and I chill easily) and I like the idea of a redundant source of buoyancy in the cave.

Last time I went to Mexico I got cold in a 7mm wetsuit and hood. I"m going again in January and I will be diving dry. I agree with the backup buoyancy and I won't go cave diving in a wetsuit again. I had my dump valve stick open a few weeks ago and it would have been a long crawl out of the cave if it hadn't been for my drysuit.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom