Cave Instructor Recommendations in Quintana Roo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard great things about Natalie but have not dove with her. I have multiple dives with Martin at Cenote Xperience and can absolutely recommend them without hesitation. Martin is probably the best diver I have ever seen and his passion for the cave systems around Tulum is contagious. He and his brother Nicolo are active in exploring new caves and seeking new opportunities for divers in the area.

Dive shop wise, everything has always been perfect and on time. Their attention to detail and making sure you are getting the dives that you want sets them apart from every other dive shop I have dove with.

Don't take my word for it, give them a call and discuss your needs with them. I believe they are originally from Argentina but their English is perfect. Hopefully I will be back diving with them in October for Day of the Dead.

Good luck,
Jay

CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

I have heard great things about Natalie but have not dove with her. I have multiple dives with Martin at Cenote Xperience and can absolutely recommend them without hesitation. Martin is probably the best diver I have ever seen and his passion for the cave systems around Tulum is contagious. He and his brother Nicolo are active in exploring new caves and seeking new opportunities for divers in the area.

Dive shop wise, everything has always been perfect and on time. Their attention to detail and making sure you are getting the dives that you want sets them apart from every other dive shop I have dove with.

Don't take my word for it, give them a call and discuss your needs with them. I believe they are originally from Argentina but their English is perfect. Hopefully I will be back diving with them in October for Day of the Dead.

Good luck,
Jay

CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home

I look forward to diving with CenoteXperience in October...

For a dive shop I had a great time at Zero Gravity this year.

I received one day of my cave 1 training from Laszlo Cseh, he and his wife moved from Hungary to Mexico. I found him to be relaxed in his behaviour but pretty strict in how he wanted us to operate.
I received the remainder of my training from JP Bresser. I like his style of teaching too. His English is pretty good too. I know this because he kept slipping into English even though it was supposed to be a Dutch course :rofl3:

We dove the Cenotes with Leif Meinert of Coconut Divers and he is a German transplant to Quintana Roo and has been diving those caves for about 20 years. Seemed like he had very solid cave diving skills, his English was excellent, and he was fun to dive with as well. It sounds like you have quite a few good options.

Any recommendations out there for cave instructors in Tulum area? I'm hoping to find a transplant from US or England.... only because I often have difficulty catching the entire conversation when there's a Hispanic accent. I'm sure they probably can't understand me either with my southern drawl! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

roger Williams - he lived in cave country USA for quite a while so he would have no issues with your drawl! :)

roger Williams - he lived in cave country USA for quite a while so he would have no issues with your drawl! :)
Thanks, Kate! Hello, OP - this is Nelly, Rog’s wife and co-owner of XOC-Ha, a bed and breakfast operation that caters to cenote and cave divers. Rog can teach in sidemount and backmount configuration, and all the way up to cave decompression. Our bnb is located halfway between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, and you’ll have a dedicated self-contained guesthouse in our jungle lot, so distancing is part of the package! You can check us out online at www.xoc-ha.com...we’re also on Facebook (XOC-Ha) and Instagram (@xochabnb). Hope to hear from you.

Back
Top Bottom