Cave diver drowns - Jackson Blue Springs, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edd did the body recovery. He was really wedged in and it took intense effort and patience to free him. Buddy attempted help but ultimately did what they were supposed to do: not become a second victim. My heart goes out to everyone at DAN, and those close to the victim.

This is not the first time a diver got stuck in JB and drowned. A guy got stuck in back mount, dumped his tanks and drowned 15 or so years ago.

There are places in JB that are tight side mount dives. Some are silty. A couple you have to remove a tank.

Now I don't know these guys, they may be very experienced divers. My point, just because you have side mount equipment does not mean you should wedge your ass into every little hole you see that has a line in it.

This is not the first time a diver got stuck in JB and drowned. A guy got stuck in back mount, dumped his tanks and drowned 15 or so years ago.

There are places in JB that are tight side mount dives. Some are silty. A couple you have to remove a tank.

Now I don't know these guys, they may be very experienced divers. My point, just because you have side mount equipment does not mean you should wedge your ass into every little hole you see that has a line in it.
There have been several of these cases in European caves too. I very much agree with your point.

The deceased was first cave certified in 2021, Sidewinder 2022, cave CCR about 3 weeks ago. Not what I would call "very experienced". Buddy was not CCR certified and got full cave about a year ago.

The deceased was first cave certified in 2021, Sidewinder 2022, cave CCR about 3 weeks ago. Not what I would call "very experienced". Buddy was not CCR certified and got full cave about a year ago.
Do you know where they were? Way back in the cave on scooters or some side tunnel like the LST?

Do you know where they were? Way back in the cave on scooters or some side tunnel like the LST?
side passage near the first T. Well within kicking range of a single stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom