Cathedral Rocks......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

next time try to exit the water in the inlet , the rocks at its entrance protect it quite a bit, even in a big surge you can still crawl out, just make sure you got kevlar pads on your suit.
i still can't figure out where you dove on in there that you did not see any bugs - i went there and the place was swarming with them just 3 weeks ago. also, if you are into spearfishing there was plenty to shoot. the place is a little more weedy that last year but still acceptable, if the surface is too agitated you can go straight out into 70-80ft of water and it's much more calm.
I think I did more than 50 dives on that site in the last 3 years and it was always enjoyable with plenty to see.

There is really only one spot to "safely" ingress and egress that has very little weeds on it. I didn't see anyone going in or out anywhere else. The surge was marginal when we started, it got worse towards the end of the dive. We hit about 40FSW and still encountered a fair amount surge,enough that when I tried to take pix I had to brace myself. Had I known it was going to pickup so much so quickly I would have changed the site to Folly Cove for both dives. I suspect the weeds, of which there were lots of hid the bugs. This is the 1st time I can remember not seeing bugs there. I've done a fair amount of night dives there in the past and the place was always crawling with bugs and good size one too! Back in the 80's there were very little weeds there. The urchins I believe ate the roots. Most of the rocks were bare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom