Catalina Island Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know what brand boat or the length of the Orca ?

One day to prep, one day to shoot, one day to wrap out, sounds very normal or common.

Roy Scheider and Capt. Quint are both dead, sharks dead too. Richard Dreyfuss is still alive, he's up there in years.

Anyone know what brand boat or the length of the Orca ?

One day to prep, one day to shoot, one day to wrap out, sounds very normal or common.

Roy Scheider and Capt. Quint are both dead, sharks dead too. Richard Dreyfuss is still alive, he's up there in years.
She was 42 X 10. Many have speculated that she was an 42 Elco lobster boat, but later experts think she was a local built job based on the lines of an Elco or another home brew lobster boat. They had to modify her keel in the movie because when they rebuilt the superstructure and added the mast it destabilized the boat.

Jared that was a great article. Thanks.

She was 42 X 10. Many have speculated that she was an 42 Elco lobster boat, but later experts think she was a local built job based on the lines of an Elco or another home brew lobster boat. They had to modify her keel in the movie because when they rebuilt the superstructure and added the mast it destabilized the boat.

Orca was a 40ftx12.5, with the pulpit she was 48. She was also a Cape Islander (Novi) boat, but was built in the states. They never modified the keel, they only added the lead for extra the ballast due to the mast since it was only attached to the deck instead of being attacked through the deck to the keel. This guy here knows his stuff

Orca was a 40ftx12.5, with the pulpit she was 48. She was also a Cape Islander (Novi) boat, but was built in the states. They never modified the keel, they only added the lead for extra the ballast due to the mast since it was only attached to the deck instead of being attacked through the deck to the keel. This guy here knows his stuff

I'm going to get the plans and build me a model of her. I got some things on the Hull Truth website that has been dormant for 18 years, so their information is outdated apparently.

Excellent YouTube vids.

I have a model replica that is of the penultimate scene from Jaws with the shark coming across the stern, a small Quint figure in the sharks jaws ( knife in hand) and the rest of the boat. It was left behind at my last job on someone's desk and I inherited it. Very cool model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom