Cat Island, Bahamas- anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Long, long, long before the ClubMed invasion....

SanSal and RR was just something special. The small plane trip (and riding in the co-pilot seat), the 12x12 shed for customs, the eternal ride from the airport to the RR (humor there), diving that was so easy with abundant life (monster crabs, lobsters, grouper, tremendous gorgonians, and black coral), fresh conch fritters as snacks, piling into the vehicles of the DiveOp to go into Town in the evening (I learned to play dominoes there), and the really small island funk....

My initials were in the ceiling of the "Driftwood Bar" at RR (gone now from a hurricane)....

I'm thinking I'll find change...
my first trip to the out islands was 32 years ago so I understand about change but I still find them a great place to visit.. once years ago, flying into the Exuma cays on a 6 passenger plane we landed in Congo Town, Andros to clear customs that was a one woman show in a similar 12 x 12- good times. Of course, customs was in a RV on the airstrip in Treasure Cay, Abaco when we were there in May 2021 but for a totally different reason (Dorian). I am looking forward to SS- I love that the air strip is so close and hope it is like at Stella Maris and Staniel Cay when we did not have to go to the airport until the plane flew in to make the turnaround but I guess covid protocols have changed that ease.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom