Casio EX-Z1050 any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering buying a Casio EX-Z1050 camera for diving and topside. Does anyone have any good or bad experience with this camera? It just came out recently and is similar to the EX-Z1000.

I was thinking about getting the same one! I have looked for reviews for it underwater, but nothing much around. I have heard it is a really great land camera though.

well...as for land use...

i have had the casio EX-S500 for about two years now...(maybe longer) and i absolutely love it. In fact, i bought another digital camera (sony) with 7.2 megapixels last thanksgiving while out of town - yet still prefer, hands down, my casio.

i am expecting my underwater housing for my casio anyday now, but probably wont get to test it until my trip to raotan in three weeks. I will keep you posted and will keep checking here to see if any one has had any experiences as well.

I use the EX Z1000 ... and it's a fine camera, both above and below the surface.

Very simple to operate ... here's a sample of some pics I took with it less than two weeks after I got it ... http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/xV7Ng4Hc

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver's Cozumel pictures prompted me to get the Z1050 (since the Z1050 has replaced the Z1000 in Casio's lineup)... I'd been looking at getting into underwater photography, and I'm not quite ready to get the housing for my Canon 20D. If I mess up and flood the Z1050, I'll be unhappy. If I were to mess up and flood the 20D and my 10-22mm lens, I'd be UNHAPPY.

Somehow I doubt I'll get pictures quite as good as Bob's when I make it back to Cozumel in a few weeks, but I can try. :D Did you use the "Underwater" mode with your shots? From playing with it on the surface, it looks like it just adds red back in, which may be better done after the fact...

Haven't gotten my Z1050 wet yet, but on land it seems pretty simple to use.

It has an underwater mode ... :confused:

I just put it in auto and fire away ... using the macro setting when appropriate.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great pictures Bob. How did you get the eel to pose like that?
I just received my EX-Z1050 and Casio housing and am getting used to it on land. Unfortunately I won't be diving with it until early Aug at Little Cayman. Any settings or limitations info from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Any updates? I am considering buying this camera for my vaca. in March. Thanks in advance.
Ashley

Great set, Bob. The auto seems to up the ISO a bit for wide shots-kind of grainy-but the macro capability is quite impressive. Those X-mas trees looked awesome. Eel shots and other portraits were also very nice.

Several of us PNW divers use the Casio EX-Z1000 and have had great results with it right out of the box and into the housing. I am sure the "new" one will perform just as well.
I love the camera having "upgraded" from an Oly 5060 and Ikelite housing.
Best of luck.
K

Back
Top Bottom