Casio Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajay

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anybody out there recommend a good digital Casio Dive watch. Or even a good watch thats under $100.00

Thank you in advance

I love my G-Shock!!!! Don't really listen to me because I am still in class for certification. But in 94 I bought a cool watch that 'fell off a truck' and fell in love with it (I'm not even a watch person).

It has taken a beating and still works and looks great. The model is DW6600, but they make a bunch of cool ones. It has a counter for your bottom time, and another counter that you set a time and it counts down, which could be cool for your saftey stop. Forget about looking at the watch and wait for the alarm. There's standard and 24hr time. It's water resistant to 200 meters, and has a cool indiglow button, so you can see it easily in the dark.

I saw them recently at Target for $65. I bought mine for $35 when they were going for $85. They definitely get my hard core metal stamp of approval.

:bang:

keep it cheap. There is no reason to break the bank on a watch. Most work fine and if they are cheap then you have no problem to replace them when you trash it.

Pete

I've used Casio G-Shocks for years on shallow water surveys. Normally you have to drop a cylinder on them or whack them on a rock for them to fail.

I use cheap Casios to attach to clipboards. Not sure of the model, but they cost all of $28 cdn at the local five and dime (<$20 us?). For use above 100' they work fine, and I don't cry when they leave the boat in someone else's kit.

My personal watch was a G-Shock. It was less than $80 cdn five years ago. It had something in the neighbourhood of 200-300 dives on it when it walked off last year. I really need to replace it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom