Trip Report Casa Mexicana & Tres Pelicanos November 7-12, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome trip report! You eagle ray footage was stunning. I am glad to know that I am not the only turtle geek. I even have a tattoo of one.

Thanks for sharing your videos. I’m all about the turtles too!! I liked the two skawled filefish together of different colors & I really liked the 2nd eagle ray footage.

@Redfoot - glad you had a good time. I thought Suites Colonial was open now, interesting to hear it is not. I'm scheduled to be there in mid-January, so we shall see what happens.

For the return to US Covid test, how did you do that?

Thanks!

The Hotel International is right around the corner (about 1 minute walk) from Casa Mexicana, right next door to Tres Pelicanos dive shop. I stopped in on Tuesday and was told no appointment needed for an Antigen test, and they recommend testing as close to departure as you feel comfortable in case of cancelled flights.

Leaving on Friday, I decided to test Thursday morning. I arrived right when they opened at 7:00 am, and was out the door in about 30 minutes. I believe the testing technician was running late, otherwise it would have been quicker.

Results received before noon.

Also, it did not appear Suites Colonial was open, but I may be mistaken. Everyone I spoke to on island was hoping and expecting a very busy winter season.

Averaging 3-4 cruise ships a day currently, and I heard they have a few weeks in the future with 26-28 ships scheduled.

Thanks!

The Hotel International is right around the corner (about 1 minute walk) from Casa Mexicana, right next door to Tres Pelicanos dive shop. I stopped in on Tuesday and was told no appointment needed for an Antigen test, and they recommend testing as close to departure as you feel comfortable in case of cancelled flights.

Leaving on Friday, I decided to test Thursday morning. I arrived right when they opened at 7:00 am, and was out the door in about 30 minutes. I believe the testing technician was running late, otherwise it would have been quicker.

Results received before noon.
Awesome - since I'm diving with 3P as well, I could do the same thing and still be at the shop before they depart for the marina around 7:45am. Thanks.

Also, it did not appear Suites Colonial was open, but I may be mistaken. Everyone I spoke to on island was hoping and expecting a very busy winter season.

Averaging 3-4 cruise ships a day currently, and I heard they have a few weeks in the future with 26-28 ships scheduled.

Ugh

Thanks for your report and video! I’ve never been and don’t plan to go but I do enjoy reading the reports everyone posts. I gotta admit, as a bit of an introvert, being on your own and doing 16 dives in 4 days sounds pretty awesome. Nothing but dive, eat & sleep and enjoying being alone in your own head. That’s a vacation I could embrace!

Its kind of weird with the cruise ships, while they are in port and they are allowing passengers to leave the ships, the numbers seen in town and around Puerto Maya are very thin. It seems like they are hesitant to leave the ships. The vendors seemed to be doing very little business.

Ryan, Thanks for the writeup and video. It was a pleasure to dive with you. As I don't as yet take photos or video I was able to share your video with my family to give them an idea what I am up to underwater.
Well done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom