Carthaginian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga Roja

Reaction score
A couple shots of the 6/19 dive with Gilligan -

171120147_b72baaa92a_o.jpg

171145525_8b52278add_o.jpg

Ahhhhh, the difference between point-and-shoot cameras and DSLR's.

Great shots Mike.

That wider than wide lens does the job. Of course double strobes doesn't hurt.

Lovely shots Roja, particularly fond of the first shot.

The composition is spot on, love the lighting in the foreground and the submarine in the background gives the shot a wonderful moody feeling.
Can't help but imagine what this would look like in black & white :D!

Wow, crisp, the detail is great, and I love the color of the water. So how much saturation and level adjustments were done, or did you just have one of those days! :D

I need to learn how to better do selective color, so what tools are you using and what technique for just coloring the Stuff in the foreground?

RonFrank:
Wow, crisp, the detail is great, and I love the color of the water. So how much saturation and level adjustments were done, or did you just have one of those days! :D

I need to learn how to better do selective color, so what tools are you using and what technique for just coloring the Stuff in the foreground?

No saturation adjustment or levels. the color adustment was done completely with the WB sliders in the ACR converter. I will fess up to a bit of BS removal including the little damsel fish that I left in the BW version. It was distracting in the color version.

I just did a quick desat for the B&W for Jamdiver. For the foreground colored one, I simply desaturated the blue and cyan only so that the only thing that remained with color was what the strobes lit. This was something I've never done before. I was just playing. Normally, I would use a selection tool or color select but this image just lent itself to the simpler method. I may try this on others now. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom