Cart Dedicated to Hauling Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rutger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

I dive the cold water of the Pacific Northwest, year round. our high-bank waterfront means that shore-dives often involve a heck of a lot of physical exertion before and after a dive.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any product, dedicated to diving, that is a cart configured to haul your tanks and equipment around in a convenient package?

I have considered getting a furniture-dolly and some bungee-cords, but it would be a haphazard, claptrap. I'm looking for something efficient, effective and easy to use and store.

It would haul:
- two tanks
- Dive Bag with gear (Mask, Fins, Comp, Drysuit, Lights, etc)
- BCD
- Tools, spares and sundries.

Suggestions?

I've been thinking about this as well. I've been looking for pictures and configurations but can't really find any. I' ve heard people using carts and big tote boxes with bungee cords. Here is a cart that I found at Costco for about $20. welcomproducts.com

Is that over sandy beaches?

I use a folding cart that can carry 200lbs, but it only rolls over pavement and packed gravel. The wheels are bigger on the 200lb version than the 150lb version available from Costco. I can get everything in one load, but I wear my tank(s) on my back.

Utility Carts with Wheeleez balloon wheels for sand and rough terrain

SoCal folks just use wagons. Personally if I lived in SoCal I would build an electric one with brakes!

How about those big wheel barrels? The ones with two front wheels. Don't know how it would do over sand. A place I dive with in FL. has these they work great on the docks. You can even put two tanks in them with all your gear.

I've been meaning to get a Monster Trucks hand cart (clicky) for moving tanks (a cave diver that I know can fit his double ST 100's, single ST 100 and AL 40 stage on it and it's still fairly manageable). Also, I've heard of a number of people using Stanley rolling tool boxes for their gear and attaching custom brackets on top for tanks. No matter what you do, you will probably end up making two trips in order to haul everything comfortably

Stanley Hand Tools :  029025R  - 

I've found that this works great for my needs. It holds all my gear including (2x) single HP100's. I imagine you could you could mount doubles on it some how, but I bet that may be top heavy.

The wheels work fine on gravel.

What I like about it is that I can put three locks in it and lock it to the bed of my truck.

They seem to be relatively popular with folks I see at our quarries up here.

This thing folds up into nothing and has a lot of configurations. It is light and you could easily bolt on a set of tank holders. I bought mine for my wife's dog show equipment. The models with fat wheels roll well on grass and unpaved surfaces. Mighty Mite Dog Gear - Multi-Carts - Dog Show Cart
ExpandableSolidDeck.jpg

Woah! Thats more than I am willing to spend. I think I'll stick with the Magna Cart. Maybe that Stanley Tool one might work better.

Thanks guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom