Carrying nauticam nex 5 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdizzle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What do you use? I've seen handles (which I had, and it broke when jumping in) and now I see these lanyards on OOS.
What do you use to carry/attach your housing while diving? Not sure if links are allowed, so if not, please PM me.
Thank you
-Brandon

I use a coiled lanyard with a heavy duty clip, no plastic or spring retractables for this weight. I also am sure to never take my hands off of it. I did have a retractable break on another camera setup. it was slightly positive buoyant so was found on the surface (pure luck). Contact the shop where you bought the housing, they probably have a strap at will work.

Coiled lanyard as well, clipped to my BC. I've used the Cetacea Coiled Cloth Lanyard with heavy duty latches for about 2 years now on both an NEX-5 and NEX-7. Works very well.

I won't jump in with the camera, though. I have someone hand it to me once I'm situated in the water. I've heard too many stories of flooding that way. :(

Coiled lanyard as well, clipped to my BC. I've used the Cetacea Coiled Cloth Lanyard with heavy duty latches for about 2 years now on both an NEX-5 and NEX-7. Works very well.

I won't jump in with the camera, though. I have someone hand it to me once I'm situated in the water. I've heard too many stories of flooding that way. :(

Looking at the red lanyard...where do you connect it to the camera? through the tray?

Go find this part number and I think it will explain itself: CRL3HD

I loop it through the tray. Attach the metal clip to my BC. And then, I unhook the buckle while I shoot. The 36" is a nice length and it always stays attached to my BC.

Does that make sense??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom