Carry on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwaver

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been asked to turn thier dive computor on proir to boarding a plane? If so, what happens to it in flight?

yup - everytime I fly! nothing happens to it during the flight.

Willer

Everytime. Nothing has ever happened though.

Yup. I turned mine on once on the plane to do my log books. It stays on for two hours before shutting itself off once you activated. It's also air integrated. After I finished, I put it away and didnt give much thought to it.

Until I had to go through the security checkpoint when changing planes...

They opened the bag to look in it. And here is this little oval device with an LCD screen that is beeping and flashing 5... 5... 5... 5... over and over.

Apparently the pressure change in the cabin made it think I was diving. (at a depth of 5')

And since it was an AI computer, with no air source hooked up, it was beeping like crazy thinking I had run out of air...

Needless to say, I was detained for a several minutes until they were able to determine that it wasnt any sort of explosive device.

And no, there was no way to turn it off.

So, I wont be doing log books on the plane anymore.

CD...you got detained in an airport...no...you don't look the slightest bit suspicious.....

Back
Top Bottom