Carry-on or check it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found that rental equipment sometimes has old leaky hoses, sometimes difficult to breath out of, I finally bought my own. Some things you can rent but the things that you rely on to breath, I put a little money into and bring myself. No matter how reputable the dive shop, nothing beats having your own imho.

When flying, I go right up to the 50/70 lb limit, I usually have both golf and scuba stuff, and my 'puter. I agree with the mention of packing some as carry-on, especially heavy stuff - my fins weigh a lot and fit well into a duffel bag. Weigh yourself with/without your bags on your home scale to see what it all weighs, pull the heaviest things and carry on.

I appreciate the posts with other tips for travel, that blog from RoatanMan was handy.

Safe travels!

jimsmithjimsmith:
I found that rental equipment sometimes has old leaky hoses, sometimes difficult to breath out of, I finally bought my own. Some things you can rent but the things that you rely on to breath, I put a little money into and bring myself. No matter how reputable the dive shop, nothing beats having your own imho.

When flying, I go right up to the 50/70 lb limit, I usually have both golf and scuba stuff, and my 'puter. I agree with the mention of packing some as carry-on, especially heavy stuff - my fins weigh a lot and fit well into a duffel bag. Weigh yourself with/without your bags on your home scale to see what it all weighs, pull the heaviest things and carry on.

I appreciate the posts with other tips for travel, that blog from RoatanMan was handy.

Safe travels!

She said in March.

Does March arrive late in Chicago?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom