Carry on camera case for c5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bbarnes

Contributor
Reaction score
Help! We are getting ready for yet another dive trip and need some advice. We have a Olympus c5060 set up including a Sea and Sea DX90 strobe, along with a backup Sealife DC310 camera and strobe. Our problem is this... can anyone recommend a soft sided, compartment type bag to carry the cameras as a 'carry on'? A shoulder strap would be wonderful. We have a pelican but it is so heavy, even empty, and isn't too comfortable on your hand to carry. We don't ever send our camera gear through as checked luggage so we don't need something so rugged that a gorilla could jump on it.:D Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are off to Saba and Statia in a few weeks and need to streamline as much as possible. Thanks!

My friend lent me a fair sized Oneill roller carry on that I took my cameras to Costa Rica with.

http://www.oneill.com/mens-products.php?sport=surf&categoryID=-1&typeID=36&seriesID=86&id=450

It is very durable with a two layer main compartment that is seperated by a zippered mesh. It is slightly bigger than a backpack and is semi rigid. Extendable handle and strong, easy rolling wheels. I stuffed a camera case and a camere bag in the lower compartment; an xtra pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the upper. Pocket on top for papers, I.D., etc.

I loved it...almost stole it.

Check out various rolling back packs. I've had camera bags and back packs with all the adjustable compartments but they were so heavy and bulky. I found a roller by McNett that my whole rig fits into...C-5050/PT15, Inon D180 strobe, WA lens, 8 cell battery charger, 8 sets of batteries, plus the laptop and all cords and acessories. I can roll it if I wish or can always wear it as a back pack, which is comfortable.

just my 2¢

I use a Tamrac 692 (wheeled carry-on). I use to carry a Tetra 5050 housing, 2 YS90Dx's, 2 5050's, WA & macro lenses.

P9140012%20(Medium).JPG

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to take a cheap/creative approach. I bought a rolling carryon at Walmart and simply removed the padded inside portion of the pelican and put it inside the new bag. Fits like it was made for it.

I have a small pelican for my 5060 and cam corder and a big roller overhead pelican for 4 camers and my laptop along with all the cords. It's worth the extra weight, IMHO.
The budget version woud be a soft sided cooler. Used it, works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom