carribean scuba diving sites advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Folks! Looking for advice for good diving locations in the Caribbean, any recommendations? Would like to dive in the Carribean this winter.

What about the fact that Scubanorm is interested in diving in the WINTER?

Are there some islands that are more protected from winter storms that blow through? Do some islands work better if there are high winds/seas? I.e., if it's windy, which islands have diving on multiple sides to give you options if high winds/seas are an issue?

I've been blown out of at least a day of diving on each of 3 trips to the Florida Keys in winter/spring and wonder if heading further south or to certain islands would help? I'd be interested to hear from those who have more experience in the Caribbean in winter and imagine this would help the OP decide, too. Thanks!

What about the fact that Scubanorm is interested in diving in the WINTER?

Are there some islands that are more protected from winter storms that blow through? Do some islands work better if there are high winds/seas? I.e., if it's windy, which islands have diving on multiple sides to give you options if high winds/seas are an issue?

It is never been an issue on any of the islands I have dived on. We only really have two seasons down here. Hurricane season and Not-hurricane season.

Ah, thanks, Rhone Man. We were in Cayman in January and the winds did occasionally close the shore diving, but the operator could move the boat around to find divable spots. That's the sort of thing I was wondering about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom