Carribean dive destination on short notice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Oforme

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Wanted to go to Bonaire or Curacao this summer, but flights from U.S. are extremely expensive and most are more than one day. I was delayed in planning this trip, so now I need options that are easier to find decent airfare. We are open water certified, but not advanced. Have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Any suggestions are welcome!

ever consider the florida keys? maybe st maarten, roatan, belize......

ever consider the florida keys? maybe st maarten, roatan, belize......
Thank you! Belize might be the best bet for us this year. We did one dive at Roatan from a cruise and we have snorkeled in the Keys. Is there any diving at the blue hole for non-advanced divers?

LCBR .. You won't regret it!

Thank you! Belize might be the best bet for us this year. We did one dive at Roatan from a cruise and we have snorkeled in the Keys. Is there any diving at the blue hole for non-advanced divers?
not sure. i have never been there. sorry

Decided to pay the price and go to Curacao anyway. We will look for a cheaper vacation next year!

we were in curacao in dec 2017. stayed a week at playa lagun and a week in the city. there were pros and cons as there is with any place. but we enjoyed our time there. the shore diving was good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom