Question Carleton COBRA-3 rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkullCaptain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have any information on, or has any dove a Carleton COBRA-3 rebreather? I can't find much info online but came across one and want to know if parts are available, if it is diveable, etc. Electronics are laguna research eccr-UDC. Any info is appreciated!
Thanks

That really depends

That really depends

That is a bailout rebreather for hard hat diving and saturation. The op is talking about a different rebreather set up potentially based off of this here:

Any case the op should post a picture or link to the one he found for sale so we can clarify it. Given the lack of actual search results I do believe that it's probably going to be obsolete and parts are going to be hard to find unless they are interchangeable with something currently common and production.

Attachments

• A-pure-oxygen-rebreather-Cobra.png
    A-pure-oxygen-rebreather-Cobra.png
    125 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for the info so far. Here are some pictures of the unit. If parts are impossible to find could a system like this be overhauled with modern electronics/sensors/etc?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240804-153023~2.png
    Screenshot_20240804-153023~2.png
    825 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20240804-153026~2.png
    Screenshot_20240804-153026~2.png
    821 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20240804-153029~3.png
    Screenshot_20240804-153029~3.png
    745.1 KB · Views: 67
  • VUSBK2rbfEi8tVP427LT4N.jpg
    VUSBK2rbfEi8tVP427LT4N.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 69
  • FBbRHDaytbFMpoQz4jCMUW.jpg
    FBbRHDaytbFMpoQz4jCMUW.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 76
I do it all the time that's why it depends so how many units do you really think you have any spherical tanks

meg is about the only one that seems to have any traction for bothering to upgrade. for all the others, upgrading just doesn't make sense from a cost perspective vs buying something used with shearwater electronics at least.

Thanks for the info. I will be picking up the units tomorrow to get a better idea of how complete they are and what condition they are in. I'm assuming that at the very minimum the tanks will need hydro, the sensors will need replacement, new absorbent, mouthpieces, etc. I'd like to use one for training in confined water. Are there any experts in the SF Bay area that could consult me on that?

In those pics, the cobra is the fourth one. It is actually closer to a mini mk15. I looked at getting one in the late 2000's. I can't imagine there are parts available for them. If that is a lot of CCRs bundled together, it looks like a home builders dream circa 2007.

you are going to struggle to find anyone that would teach on one of those units in norcal. i've only met optima, revo, and prism divers (getting less common now that the hollis affiliated shop is gone) in the area.

Back
Top Bottom