Caribbean resort ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dove with the seafari folks at both club med in Turks and the club med Columbus Isle in the Bahamas. They run a great operation. I'm headed back in March to the Turks location and look forward to diving with them again.

Yah, the boats are big and can have a lot of divers on them, but they're great about splitting the beginners off and giving you the freedom to do your own thing. If you're the type that only wants to dive on a six pack, you won't love the big boats, but other than that, they're great.

Much better than the sandals/beaches that only does group dives and ends the dive when the first person hits 1200 psi or so.

Good to know, my one and only experience with Club Med diving was not positive - but it was a long, long time ago - so glad to hear that things have changed for the better! Thanks for sharing.

Good to know, my one and only experience with Club Med diving was not positive - but it was a long, long time ago - so glad to hear that things have changed for the better! Thanks for sharing.
I haven't dove with Club Med anywhere besides Turkoise and Columbus Isle, but they both use Seafari now and my experiences have been fantastic (for comparison, I've dove with Sandals in St Lucia, Red Sail and Living the Dream in Grand Cayman, and the CBBR in Cayman Brac as well as a few place in Fiji and Australia I don't recall the name of). I have heard others mention having unpleasant experiences with CM diving prior to Seafari taking the reins.

I would look at Bayahibe. It is on the south Caribbean coast of the Dominican. There is reef diving, wall diving, wreck diving and even a cave dive if you are so certified. I always dive with John from ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe

I would look at Bayahibe. It is on the south Caribbean coast of the Dominican. There is reef diving, wall diving, wreck diving and even a cave dive if you are so certified. I always dive with John from ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe

ScubaFun is a great outfit, and the guides are great. I never consider the DR for diving adventures, but Bayahibe is a great little town.

I haven't dove with Club Med anywhere besides Turkoise and Columbus Isle, but they both use Seafari now and my experiences have been fantastic (for comparison, I've dove with Sandals in St Lucia, Red Sail and Living the Dream in Grand Cayman, and the CBBR in Cayman Brac as well as a few place in Fiji and Australia I don't recall the name of). I have heard others mention having unpleasant experiences with CM diving prior to Seafari taking the reins.

Thoughts on Sandals St. Lucia? I’m newly-certified and will be diving there in June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom