Caribbean Honeymoon ideas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia. Great dive op. No shopping on St. Lucia.

What kind of shopping does she want to do?

Among the Caribbean spots we've visitied, some (like St. Thomas and Curacao) have duty-free shopping: jewellry, watches, and perfume. Others (like Bonaire and St. Kitts) don't have that and don't really have handicrafts either -- just some tourist tchotchkes (at least as far as we saw). The Central American countries we've been to (Belize and Honduras, and Costa Rica) all have had *exactly* the same handicrafts: blankets, masks, wooden bowls, etc. The Riveria Maya and Cozumel have Mexican handicrafts: painted ceramics, mirrors, silver, etc. In all these places you can get t-shirts and such.

There are many nice islands for diving; your trip will probably be shaped by your fiancee's shopping requirements more than anything else.

Happy honeymoon!

PS

I've never been to either, but have heard happy honeymooner reports about Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia and Maroma Resort & Spa in the Riveria Maya.

Have you ever been to an all-inclusive before? If not, I wouldn't recommend trying one out for your honeymoon. Tends to be a love-hate thing, and if you hate it... =(

I'm surprised no one has mentioned St. Barths. There is some incredible diving there. Beautiful beaches out east on the island, and of course everyone knows about the shopping there. I've only gone there on sailboats so Im not sure if theres any cheap accomodations, but I know there's some great honeymoon spots around the island.
I dove with Plongee Caraibes, they were excellent and we saw eagle rays, sharks, turtles, etc.

Back
Top Bottom