Caribbean Honeymoon ideas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badassbill

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all...I'm currently starting to plan my honeymoon for March/April 2005. My fiance and I have already been to the Caribean twice (Bahamas 2003, Grand Cayman in July). While we love it there, I don't believe we will be able to afford our dream vacation to Fiji/Australia. Thus...I was wondering if anyone had recomendations for the Caribean with the following criteria:
Great Diving (for both of us)...and great shopping for her.

One of the locations we were considering was St.Lucia (Sandals)...and would run us about 5k for the whole trip. We both really enjoyed the diving in the Bahamas and Cayman, and are looking for more of the same in our new honeymoon destination. Has anyone experienced great diving WITH great shopping?

As always...thanks in advance...this board is invaluable.

Bill

Cozumel and the Riviera Maya come to mind.

Barbados has some great deals. There are tons of things to do above water and not bad diving as well. I would recommend an all inclusive and if you are really considering Barbados pm me and I will give you move details.

I went to St. Lucia for my honeymoon 15 years ago. Maybe things have changed, but I don't think there is much shopping there.....

I think St. Lucia is a great destination, but I'm not sure I would choose Sandals because a) dive experiences at all-inclusives seem to be rather average (crowded, etc.); and b) there are other more romantic options on St. Lucia (e.g., Anse Chastenet)

http://www.ansechastenet.com

My $0.02. YMMV

-Chris

Maybe for shopping, St. Thomas, or Cozumel would be a better fit, I can't think of a place that has great shopping and diving like Grand Cayman. Maybe the Keys would work as well.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Saba is a pretty romantic place with great diving. As for shopping, you could do it in St. Maarten on the way in or out.

large_diver:

Who wants to shop on their honeymoon, anyway? Tell her to get her priorities straight......eat, romance, sleep, dive...not necessarily in that order....

Goood point large diver, I like your thinking :eyebrow:

Don't think it, do it :wink:

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom