Carbon Monoxide poisoning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you just couldn't "resist"! How about... "All People Seem To Need Data Processing" and... "Why Go backwards You Varmint". Of course, since I learned my resistor color code in the 5th grade, I was taught "Better Be Right Or Your Great Big Venture Goes West".

Guys, guys

This sharpenu dude only wanted to know something about carbonmonoxide..... :blah: :eek:ff:

Ok, ok, I've got one for you too :D :

Oh, Be A Fine Girl, Kiss Me Right Now, Smack! :kissy:

Had something to do with star systems (milky way and stuff). However, I cannot remember.... Some classification I guess.

Getting more and more :eek:ff:, but LOL

Bye

Jorgen

In "short", the first is to remember the different ISO layers in the Network model, and the second is to remember the secondary color scheme in a twenty pair cable... Of course every one just remembers wo/o/wg/b/wb/g/wb/b (the primary color scheme)which is the pin out on an RJ45 connector set up for 568B Network wiring config.

Shocking for sure, but if you need to know more I will wire you the results. Pnemonics such as this can be a terminal source of power for those who really want to plug in. BTW, if anyone understands all of these, we are always looking for "cable-pull" people out there... Just be careful of the o"PUN" circuits... I know, I know, these puns are baud, and getting worse. I'll terminate this before somone blows a fuse.

To keep this somewhat on topic, have they ever established puns as an indication of CO poisoning???

Plan your topic, and topic your plan...

“Hey Bro” said Barbara, “What are you doing in the garage with the car running?”

“Well,” said John, “Mary and I just broke up and I want to be alone.”

“Okay” said Barbara.

“*Sigh*, and oh, Sis”, said John, “please shut the garage door on your way out.”

I have an EMT-B textbook, published in 1998, that says this about CO poisoning:

"Note: There is a commonly accepted idea that a carbon monoxide victim will have cherry red lips. In fact, cherry red skin is NOT typically seen in patients with carbon monoxide poisoning."

It lists cyanosis among other symptoms such as headache, dizziness, difficulty breathing, nausea and altered mental status.

Off the subject a bit aren't we??
Back to the original question, I pose another: What difference does it make? Cherry red or cyanosis, CO or CO2 poisoning, shock, DCS or whatever's causing either of those symptoms, what we *do* about it is the same. Administer 100% oxygen, monitor ABC's & get EMT help ASAP. So from a practical perspective an accurate diagnosis at the first aid stage isn't really important, as it won't effect the treatment that we're able to provide on site.
What d'ye say, Docs?
Rick

Accurate diagnosis by the first aid administrator isn't relly the point. Too much of either CO2 or CO is very bad :waydead: but in the case of CO2 poisoning, the victim is presumably more likely to recover once place in fresh air. CO binds the hemoglobin much more tightly than CO2, and takes much longer to eliminate from the bloodstream than CO2.

Aside from the fact that the prognosis may be different for CO2 poisoning than for CO poisoning. First aid treatment by administering O2 is not likely to produce harm.

Back
Top Bottom