Carbon monoxide discussion - split from Fiona Sharp death in Bonaire thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you a smoker?

SeaRat

You should have read my responses and others in the previous page. Do you have Sensorcon CO detector like mine? If yes, have you tried the same way I did?

I’m not a smoker. I had to blow as hard as I could to the white-tip tube end to get that reading. I figure that it has a vent & filter to reduce the volume rate & moisture.

If I just exhale right on the sensor, it stays zero.

Blow harder to the tube for 5 seconds and tell us what you read.

I think a reading from blowing hard may not be a reading, but an artifact. I see the same thing when calibrating nitrox with my O2 meter. If I pressurize the sensor, the oxygen percentage goes up. If I crack the valve too hard, and seal the lip of the sensor up tight to the DIN valve, I get erroneously high readings.
Maybe one of our engineers can tell us if that's a valid observation, and if so, why that happens.

It sounds like I need to just exhale directly to the sensor. If I do that, the reading will be ZERO.

My apologies, Dan. I didn't connect the posts. I think we are on the same page though, in that there should not be CO produced by our bodies in any significant quantities.

SeaRat

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom