Car rental in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:

With the theft problem in Bonaire, I usually leave the windows down and nothing valuable in the car. Are tanks vulnerable to theft too? I will be diving with a buddy so no one to watch the car and the other 6 tanks in the car or trunk.

Is this of concern?

Gorji the "crime" problem on Bonaire is not nearly as bad as some would have you believe. We have been diving there the last 4 years and have not had a single problem. Granted, if you do something so stupiud as to leave a camera on the car seat, it stands a good chance of getting taken. Tanks on Bonaire are marked by the resort that owns them and no other resort would fill them, most likely they would just keep it and send it back to the owner. Just don't leave anything of value in the truck and you will not have any problems. If you are really worried about it, find the Pink Bus and dive with them each day.
http://www.bonphototours.com/webenglish/duikbus.htm

The "theft problem" on Bonaire is pratically non existant. Like Herman has already said, if you get something stolen, you've probably done something stupid. No one will steal tanks. What would they do with them, who would fill them? Bonaire is a very close community, everyone knows what everyone else is doing. Just take common sense precautions and you'll have a wonderful diving vacation. :tree: Bob

Thank you Bob and Herman. I have also never found a problem there but it does exist. Tanks will not be a problem then.

I can't wait to go.

Just curious as we will start planning our next trip soon. We usually go to Bonaire in the June/July time frame, one of our dive buddies is a teacher so we have to plan around her off time. Always happy to add the the group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom