Car Rental - Cancun / Playa / Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably nothing. But in person, I know the proper person in obtaining it and I get copies of everything. Don, you mentioned that you've used them in the past. Did they request the same from you in advance?

PH
I just don't remember. I didn't think they were well organized so maybe it's their way of making sure the records are forwarded to the headquarters?

We're planning to rent a car at Cancun airport in two weeks. Our flight arrives late (22:30). Is that a problem? What if our flight is an hour late?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We're planning to rent a car at Cancun airport in two weeks. Our flight arrives late (22:30). Is that a problem? What if our flight is an hour late?

That would depend on who you booked with? What did they say?

We haven't booked yet. Which agency would you recommend?

We haven't booked yet. Which agency would you recommend?

I haven't done it much, but I book with Easyway with full insurance package: Easy Way Cancun Car Rental | your Cancun Airport Rental Car

Whomever you rent with, I'd email them after booking to confirm that they will wait on you. I'd hate to arrive in another country and drive that late tho. I think I'd overnight there, pickup in the morning.

Depending on where you want to drive, get good maps at cancunmap.com-Maps and travel guides.Your information source to Cancun,Cozumel,Isla Mujeres & Riviera Maya

I'd have them bring you the car the next day to wherever you are staying. I wouldn't bet on them staying that late, plus you wouldn't remember where they are. It's tricky even in daylight to find Easyway.

We did the airport car pickup day drive turning to night in St Lucia and got lost. The sign for our hotel was small and on the wrong side of the road. Being tired and lost we almost got in an accident and it wasn't a great start to our trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't done it much, but I book with Easyway with full insurance package: Easy Way Cancun Car Rental | your Cancun Airport Rental Car

Whomever you rent with, I'd email them after booking to confirm that they will wait on you. I'd hate to arrive in another country and drive that late tho. I think I'd overnight there, pickup in the morning.

Depending on where you want to drive, get good maps at cancunmap.com-Maps and travel guides.Your information source to Cancun,Cozumel,Isla Mujeres & Riviera Maya

I am in Tulum right now. There was a change in plans and I emailed Easyway in Cancun asking if I could return the car that I rented in Playa at 5:30 am. They replied within the hour saying we'll see you then. This is my 10th time renting from Easyway never been disappointed

The drive Cancun->Playa can be stressful. People drive fast and not especially safely. Unless you know you're going to need a car in Playa, I'd recommend going by bus.

Back
Top Bottom