Captain John Larsen Deep Adventures III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver76

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just found out that Captain John Larsen of Deep Adventures III has been having a tough time over the past few years. John was diagnosed with dementia several years ago and the illness is slowly progressing. To make things worse his home was flooded during Hurricane Sandy an he and his wife Peggy were trapped in the attic all night. Peggy told me that in the beginning of 2013 John lost the use of his legs due to Parkinson and had to be placed in assisted living due to his illness. Peggy stated that John is in pretty good mental state but he's forgotten a lot about the past. She indicated that John is always telling stories about the past scuba diving and fishing adventures. Please keep John and Peggy in your prayers and if anyone would care to drop him a note Peggy's e-mail is mmccarthy62@comcast.net. John has always been a character and its very unfortunate to hear he has these devastating illnesses.:(:(:(

thank you for posting, so sorry to hear. I have incredible memories of diving with John, oh the stories we could tell!

Back
Top Bottom