Cape Cod diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reality is: in two short years the situation at the Cape went from "everything under control" (i.e. people knew where the sharks were and stayed out of the water there), to daily shark sightings and periodic killings of seals right in front of the beachgoers in 2017 (one witnessed by my own family), to dozens of sightings and two attacks on humans, one fatal, in 2018.

If the trend continues, the beaches at the Cape will be closed permanently, because suggested drones and lookouts will be reporting activity non stop. Not the worst thing from the general environmentalist point of view, I get it, but for vacationers and the local economy it would be a disaster.

Cape revenues are up more than ever with the sharks. Beaches aren't closed, and won't be closed. Many other parts of the world are handling the situation without intervention and the actual experts are consulting with them. (Skomal/Chisholm/etc)

Also Long Nook is open.

Back
Top Bottom