Cape Ann dive conditions Sunday 2/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone get out yesterday?

My buddy Scott and I set out to dive Cape Ann yesterday AM. The weather forecast the night before looked OK so we were optimistic. We encountered light flurries on the drive over but the weather forecast said would change over to sun which it eventually did. With winds from NW, we checked out Magnolia first. Surprisingly, it was dead calm and looked doable however it was low tide. We didn't think the entry would be safe as very slippery on edges. As Magnolia was calm, for kicks, I wanted to check out folly. As Scott had never seen Cathedral Rocks,we stopped there so I could show him the entry, the climb. It was dead calm and from the rocks, the vis looked great! It was at low tide which is always tricky getting in and out. We continued onto Folly and there were several divers about to go in. The conditions were nothing like the previous two sites we checked out. It had a bit of surface chop. Folly is divable at low but not fun navigating the boulders. Not wanting to resort to Back beach, Pebble, we wanted to give Old Garden a shot. Scott had never seen OGB. As we got there, windy, choppy and small surf.

Wanting to get in, we ended up driving to Marblehead and join the Froggies. We got to Marblehead at 11 which is when they were to meet up. They settled on Ft. Sewell which I had never done. The seas were dead calm and vis looked great. Water is 35 degrees. I was surprised to come across scallops so close to shore (30 fsw) and several of the froggies came back with a good amount of Scallops for an impromptu scallop dive.

Curious about conditions at Folly for those we saw diving it.

Back
Top Bottom