Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gadgetgirl

Reaction score
Anyone been diving in Canyon Lake lately? If so, can you tell us what the conditions are like now?

I was in that area this past weekend, but did not get a chance to actually go to the lake to check it out.

It would be nice to hear what people think about it in general. Thanks.

Just curious :hmmm:

The conditions for Lake Travis this past weekend were emailed to me. The email said vis. was very good to a 100' and fair beyond that. Considering Canyon Lake is in the same neck of the woods I would bet conditions are about the same. Looks like great scootering conditions.

I am going to make the trip.

Dave
:)

I was at Canyon last Wensday dove to 80ft. Temp was around 66 deg. on the surface at 20 it was 64 i believe and at 80ft it was Freaking cold (59 is what my computer read.)
Visibility... Whats visibility? 5 or 6ft is my guess... its not good If you wish to find any of the cars, boats, etc. its either luck or good compass navigation.
This is for Northern Point (i believe thats the name of it)

Thanks for your insights Dave and Jacob :)

I'll have to give Canyon Lake a try sometime this summer.

Went to Canyon the last 2 weekends (24/17 Jun). Vis was marginal. Friday night it was 5-8ft and the rest of the weekend it was 3-5ft due to the classes in progress. Found most of the items in the water at about 22' on a 030 heading off the platform. Have fun.

Hey Emma.....Great to see you again. Where have you been?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom