Can't unscrew Light Cannon Bezel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE's question isn't that crazy.Two things come to mind for your problem.
Under pressure and over pressure.
After flying,especialy when the light goes with the checked luggage,air can seep out of the body,causing a under pressure.Just heat up the light (warm water not a blowtorch) and try again.

With over pressure,caused by off gassing from the battery,freez it.Just put the light in the freezer for an hour and try again.

Works for me all the time.

Hope it helps.

I didn't think his question was crazy at all. I knew it had something to do with the pressure, just wasn't sure what exactly the problem would be. Makes sense, under and over pressure.

Oddly enough, I did put it in the freezer last night hoping it would reduce any pressure. Then I got scared that it would damage the bulb.

Been there done that !! My guess is its also time to change the primary O ring you will probably find it much easier to open afterwards. Also a rubberized strap wrench works well.......

I will definately make the $4 investment on a new o ring. Hopefully that will help. The wrench might not be a bad idea either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom